Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 4:30 PM
An employee in this position is responsible for performing a variety of receptionist and clerical functions for administrative and supervisory personnel.
Under the direction and supervision of the Benefits Administrator, the duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Answer telephone and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals while maintaining privacy standards.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintain a room schedule and events calendar as needed.
- Provide services to customers for commercial shredding, cookies, etc.
- Operating office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, scanner and computers for spreadsheets, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Receiving of the nominations, printing of the Employment Spotlight Letters, making copies of the employee nomination forms and letters and placing in file bin.
- Collecting and disbursing funds from petty cash drawer and keeping records of collections and disbursements for meal tickets and post office transactions.
- Check for accuracy and submit travel vouchers.
- Update pricing for commercial shredding and other products/services as needed.
- Typing correspondence for programs and administrative staff.
- Enter Attendance.
- Update lunch tickets and scan lunch spreadsheets.
- Document maintenance reports.
- Update phone lists.
- Do post office mail.
- Send out Christmas letters in the month of December, compiling the information from an Excel spreadsheet to Word.
- Send out payroll to Belcourt/Rolla and Grand Forks when needed.
- Fill in for file Clerk in their absence.
- Record POM/Rights information in spreadsheets.
- Confirm medical appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior receptionist or administrative assistant experience preferred but not required.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to use and care for general office machines and equipment.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices including filing and record keeping.
- Accuracy in typing, filing, and record keeping.
- Ability to organize time in order to carry out assigned duties effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to keep desk and office area neat and well-organized for maximum efficiency.
- Ability to deal with the public, both on the telephone and in-person, as effectively and positively as possible.
- Ability to relate positively to people with developmental disabilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn and adapt as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
*Hiring Bonus details will be available upon hire - some applicants may not be eligible.
Kalix and MVW Services are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for this position