Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
The Staff Accountant is responsible for recording financial transactions.
Under the direction and supervision of the Controller, the duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Develop and maintain cost center accounting for specific programs as per governmental or internal requirements.
- Develop and monitor procedures to assure the proper preparation, maintenance, and transmission of a variety of account records and reports.
- Prepare billing documents for the North Dakota Department of Human Services and other contract customers.
- Process invoices for payment, including accurate coding according to established cost centers and obtaining authorization.
- Process payroll, including the preparation of paychecks, the printing of various reports, and processing tax deposits. Monitors benefit data as required.
- Monitor daily operations and functions of accounting clerks.
- Review trial balance for accuracy and develop journal entries needed to correct or update balances.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting payroll tax reports on a timely basis as required by federal and state agencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- Individual must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or closely related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of business administration practices.
- Familiarity with computer applications, including spreadsheets.
Kalix and MVW Services are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.