Recycling Warehouse Worker
8am-5pm Monday Through Friday
An employee in this position would be responsible for the handling of confidential documents by collecting product from local businesses, overseeing, and performing the destruction of the documents, and preparing bales to be shipped out. The Warehouse Worker must be able to operate heavy equipment along with a valid driver’s license, be a leader and team player and contribute to a safe work environment.
Under the direction and supervision of the Contract Administrator the duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and perform the destruction of confidential documents.
- Collect products from area businesses as scheduled utilizing a delivery truck.
- Support the operation of a shredding or bailing machine, as well as other warehouse equipment.
- Perform pre-inspections, prior to use of equipment to include forklift, bobcat, electric pallet jack, pallet jacks, trucks, and baler daily.
- Adhere to and comply with Safe Operating Procedures.
- Prepare written reports as required by the Agency such as: weight tickets, bills of lading, maintenance requests and preventative maintenance sheets.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment in compliance with company standards.
- Provide customer service to area business following the Kalix Adapt values.
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly inspections as identified for all warehouse equipment to include the baler, scales, bobcat, forklifts, dock plates, etc.
- Loading outgoing product on semi-trailers
and railcarsas necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 18 years or older.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- A driving record that makes you insurable.
- Must complete a successful background check.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be honest, reliable, dependable, and professional always.
- Ability to respond to people receiving services with dignity and respect.
- Ability to make sound, rational judgments and problem solve independently.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a consistent basis and to bend, stoop, and twist.
- Ability to operate a forklift, bobcat, and material baler.
- Ability to fill out required agency paperwork.
- Ability to distinguish unacceptable material contained in unsorted recyclables.
Kalix and MVW Services are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for this position