Direct Support Professional - PM (#1071-10)
Direct Support Professional - Residential Hab #1007
|2p - 10p||2p - 10p||2p - 10p|
24 hours per week
DSP - Direct Support Professional positions qualify for a $2,100 Hiring Bonus*
A Direct Support Professional (DSP) is responsible for supporting individuals with disabilities with their basic living, job and social skills while integrating them into the community to the best of their ability. The DSP will work to achieve personal outcomes that characterize a high quality of life.
Under the direction and supervision of the Residential/Employment Coordinator the duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing and assisting people with basic living and employment skills as specified in plans.
- Assisting people with personal cares as specified in service plans.
- Assisting individuals with maintaining a clean, safe and orderly living and working environment.
- Assisting and maintaining an individual’s schedule as needed.
- Providing transportation as assigned.
- Reporting all incidences of Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation.
- Working as part of a team by demonstrating Agency values: Dependability, Adaptability, Professionalism and Teamwork.
- Utilizing a positive interaction style, treating people with respect and honoring choices.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all people receiving services and protecting the confidentiality of their health information.
- Administering medications, insulin and tubing feeding as assigned and certified.
- Encouraging menu planning and meal choices that follow recommended dietary guidelines and healthy choices.
- Participating in staff training, in-service and team meetings.
- Assisting people with finances, budgeting, balancing checkbooks and documenting purchases as assigned.
- Collecting data to monitor or make progress towards personal objectives.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- 19 years or older and a student in good standing.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- A driving record that makes you insurable.
- Must complete a successful background check.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be honest, reliable, dependable and professional at all times.
- Ability to respond to people receiving services with dignity and respect.
- Ability to make sound, rational judgments regarding people receiving services.
- Ability to train and teach techniques utilized for people with disabilities.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
*Hiring Bonus details will be available upon hire - some applicants may not be eligible.
Kalix and MVW Services are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.